Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bricklayer Falls park n huck


Mac McGee and I recently ran Bricklayer Falls on the Cullasaja River. I've heard about this drop and seen the circulating photos of Pat Keller or Joe Barkley running this drop years ago but never knew exactly where it was. FOUND IT! And...now I understand why this drop isn't run very often. It's a nasty 30 foot drop with a sloping entrance, tricky landing, and a terrible cave at the bottom. As I have paddled the Cullasaja and become better acquainted with it over the years, I've grown used to the steep, manky, consequential nature of this river, especially after I began paddling the section below the big falls. I haven't paddled the upper section of the river in its entirety yet, but everything I've seen and run fits the description above.
Enough talk, here are the goods, as well as a few other shots from that day.

Chan


Mac

Casey

Casey


No comments: